Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2001 Honda NSX  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull View Post
China will milk this for all its worth... They will rape and pillage BMW for every last drawing and schematic and then start another god awful Chinese brand car to use all of their free designs they accumulated from BMW. How many American made TVs do you see out there? Oh yeah there is only one left and their name is Zenith. Once upon a time all TVs were designed and manufactured here in the good ole USA. It wasnt until the manufacturers got greedy and decided to save money by having Japan build them and now look what happened.

But to bring reality into perspective, I don't think majority of buyers can afford a 10k 55~60" LED TV. Bringing manufacturing back to the States is doable, but government needs to support that. But that would bring pollution, cost, and efficiencies back on the discussion table. And we Americans only work 5 days a week LOL.

Using up old chassis inventory and prolong the life span of tooling is smart. We already paid for all the tools for BMW E90 run. It's good they are keeping the E90 chassis alive and cheaper to the masses. If more parts are shared, we long term car owner will be able to buy parts 10 years from now new @ fraction of the price.