04-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
swartzentruber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwike92 View Post
i see i see, about how much does track insurance cost? and that insurance covers the whole car? so i happen to total my car, itll cover it??? obviously with the 2k deductable? and as far as brake fluid and brake pads.. any particular brands u suggest? and when im done at the track, i can just switch them out right?

forgive me for my rookieness.. lol
Different companies may work differently, I can speak somewhat for Lockton Affinity (which BMWCCA affiliates with), as I've purchased insurance from them (though fortunately haven't needed to use them). They price for the weekend, so same cost of 1 day vs 2 days. Cost of the policy is based on declared value. A declared value of $60k would probably cost around $200 - $300, vs I pay a little over $100 a weekend for my R32 (old and has a lot lower value). Good reason to not track an expensive car. Deductible is higher of $2K or 5% of declared value, so if you declare $60k, looking at a $3K deductible. If you total the car, then yes they'd pay out at that level of declared value minus the deductible.

Surprised no one offered pad/fluid help, though it's not hard to find some answers searching this forum. I don't track my M3, so not the best person to ask about M3 pads. I like Brembo or Motul brake fluids, though you'll likely find ATE fans on here (I'm not).