footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Yes they are troublemakers, but it's also regional in nature. In fact, it's so much so regional, that some world-wide vendors simply don't care to sell product into the SoCal market. They consider them pack hounds -- always following some local regional leader. Whatever the local leader puts on his car, the rest follow suit or wish they had it on their car as well. There's no logic to it, no research to their buying patterns, and not even well thought out purchases. Certain vendors have admitted, they can't crack the SoCal market and don't even like to talk to these guys on the phone.

So yes, I understand "SoCal" has been used as a euphamism for "troublemakers" but there really is a regional aspect to it as well. In some posts, I've intentionally used the "SoCal" euphamism because I want them to feel singled out. The smart ones won't be offended anyways because they're already indepenant thinkers and know they're not the ones being singled out.
I do feel truly sorry for the decent member from this region because there is far more good members than bad, it's just that the bad ones are most vocal, opinionated and downright rude. Yet you know who you are.

But the real problem is that banning them isn't that productive as they change there handle and start up again only next time they are usually vindictive right from the off.

It's not even fanboy vs troll here, in fact anyone who constantly disrupts threads with personal attacks and childish behaviour are the real trolls because it's them who turn decent educational debates/discussion into brand wars and ultimately get these threads closed for good. Who wins there then.
Appreciate 0