07-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #93
MasterD78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 JB/IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
glad it went smoothly...

well since youve done the oil and rear diff fluid, i think after the tranny i would do the brake fluid, steering fluid and rad at 100k. i did all that at 70k miles and now i have 78k ...

FYI: with the tranny though.. BMW uses a special tool to remove the oil from the cooler but since we are DIY... we will never get some of the oil out. so

while your draining the oil, jack each side for 3-5 minutes of the car to drain all the remaining fluid... it will not drain all but at least you will get out most of the old oil...

so after putting the new oil run the car for 2-3 minutes then drive it around the block DO NOT EXCEED 3k rpm and open the fill oil and refill until it overfill. make sure that the car is level.... if your using a jack you need to jack the car on the driver side and fill the tranny with oil and leave the fill bolt open and slow lower the car very slowly cause it will drip some of the excess oil...

after its level jack the car up slowly put the plug back in...

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for the input. I will work on getting the remainder of the fluids swapped out. If I have any questions, I will shoot you a message. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0