View Single Post
      08-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #134
speedfreak81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335, '08 LS3 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
I know what you mean by the dieting. But most cars, from an old Corolla to a new one. have gained so much weight. Heck, I have a Chevy Citation X-11 in my garage (Ever hear of one of those?). That thing is so roomy, big hatchback. Fiberglass, cowl induction hood from the factory, etc. That car only weighs like 2700Lbs. I got a trailer hitch on it, and used to tow all my DJ equipment around! I think most of the weight gain has to do with safety mainly. I mean the cars are a little bigger, but weigh a lot more in many cases. Look at the new Scion XB, the thing gained over 15% in weight, as many new cars have. And your right about simple engineering in the long run..it will be better to have generally for reliability. So if I were buying a used 10yr old sports car, the small block Chevy would be ideal. All that electronic, dual variable cams, direct injections, high pressure fuel pumps..etc...are great to have when the car is under warranty, but not so great when the car is older, and the warranty runs out. But some people like owning new high tech stuff, and BMW is one of those companies that prides itself on being at the forefront of automotive technology. Remember, the 5.0 Liter BMW engine puts out more than the 6 liter Chevy Corvette engine. And in fact, it takes a 7.0L V8 from GM to have the same output. And for a normally aspirated 3.2L M3 to run so close to a 6.0L V8, is pretty impressive anyways. 400Hp out of a 6.0L is pretty good, but Dodge does it also, with their 6.1L putting out 425HP. Oh, the SRT8 Charger at Famosa, and LACR didn't stand a chance against my M3 or 335i, on those particular days. The owner was hoping to see 12's, but he ran low to mid 14s. Anyways, can't wait to see the Video on the Procede 335i vs SpeedFreak's GTO. Does the GTO has any mods at all?? Whats the elevation, temps there? Of course I know how fast a GTO CAN be. Like I said, my coworker has a APS twin turbo GTO, that is putting about down about 625RWHP (compared to around 435 RWHP for a ZO6). I do like his set up, the exhaust is quieter than ever now with the twin turbos. And the damn kit was only about $6K or so.
Well......the runs have been done, waiting on video editing. Should have a separate post up tonight or early tom. morning. Don't want to give out any more details other than that......this one's going to be GOOD.:rocks:

The "Goat" is bone stock, and temp was like 70 something I think?
Appreciate 0