01-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #473
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
not sure i agree with this. cold and wet will not help with ego with DSC off. it will make you friends with your body shop guy.
As Ryan already mentioned, in SoCal, cold winter days doesn't automatically mean wet. In fact, most of the times, it's dry.

All I'm saying is, with cooler temp, the car makes more power and, hence, you get better lap times. But, I don't necessarily mean you should go for track lap records on your first day of going DSC off either. In my particular case, before going exclusively DSC off, I had already experimented with going DSC off and, at Buttonwillow (which is the track where time attacks, etc, are held at and hence is the lap time standard many of us compare things to) had matched personal best lap times (i.e. lap time was same with MDM & DSC off @ 2:06). Then, as I went DSC off permanently in May, the weather got hotter and hotter and my lap times got slower and slower into September. I think had this happened betwen December thru April, my lap times may not have gone slower like that and hence the comment about 'ego.'

I'm not saying my personal experience is equally-applicable to everyone else, but it is what it is. If I had to do it again, I would choose to go DSC off in the cooler winter months. And, just because the engine makes more power doesn't mean you're gonna flat out right away anyways.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34

Last edited by OC3; 01-15-2013 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0