View Single Post
      06-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #66
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
Im quite surprised that everyone here is so excited about this.... I was expecting most comments to be something along the lines of "wow, is this how creative they can really get? havent we seen this before?".... but I guess you coupe guys are happy with this. And im glad to hear it.... If this was a special edition sedan, I would be kind of dissapointed by the lack of goodies. But what grabs my attention is the BMW Individual Premium Sound.... How does that differ out our premium sound? I hope its kick ass lol
BMW Individual Premium Sound = Enhanced Premium Audio Sound = Individual Audio system = Not That Great for $1900 Sound system

In defense of BMWUSA (not that they need any support on this effort from me) I do not think that the current economic climate in the USA, the lack of M3 sales (yes, our M3 is a sales dud compared with the sales levels of the E46 M3) and the gas prices in the $4.00 a gallon, would be conducent to a balls out M3 special edition with higher power, big brakes, special seats and so on to be priced in the $95000+. That sucker would need to be recertified and recrashed costing a couple of million bucks in factory costs... just to sell maybe the same 20 units in the USA. Just maybe.

This one has a "low" cost investment -I would say that a different color of stitching and wheels and no clearcoat should cost (IMO) maybe $5000 total to BMW in factory costs for the whole 20-unit run- and still it is $80000 and change.

The reason that these cosmetic changes are limited to only 20 units should tell everybody something. At least it tells me that whoever came with this idea at BMWNA will receive a nice bonus at the end of the year...
Appreciate 0