View Single Post
      03-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #31
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
They were passing out anyone who drove any slower that was in front of them. Turns out they were cruising at 120-140 mph.

One of the guys was super nice and understood I had never driven my car that fast and on those kind of roads, and he hung back with me. My question is...is this how most runs are? I found it to be very stressful and not much fun. I also found it rude that some of the guys involved kept teasing me over lunch and telling me they wanted to see some M3 muscle. (I had the onlyM3 in the group) To which I replied that I refuse to drive outside of my comfort zone, and they knew that going in. With that being said, I wasn't driving like a Grandma either.
Good for you for sticking to your guns, staying within your comfort zone, and not being reckless! It's obvious that you are very assured about both yourself and what your car is capable of doing and don't feel the need to prove anything. I'm sure the kind of reaction you experienced is due to ego issues as well as the excitement of chasing the thrill. Regardless, it is most unfortunate. Did those guys seem at all concerned that they were driving at speeds that could send them to lockup?! I understand that it's easy to get caught up in the moment, but it amazes me that people are so willing and eager to engage in the kind of activity that could turn very bad all around if/when caught. Or even worse, when god forbid an innocent bystander becomes a victim. The $$$$ expense associated with getting through such an undesirable predicament could buy A LOT of track time.

Speaking of which, congrats on your upcoming track time...I bet you are muy excited!!!

2012 M3 E92 SS-II
Appreciate 0