Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlmiii View Post
This - "bullshit" + "others do CF" + "just get lighter" + "BMW doesn't care" + etc. - is all so entertaining and ... fantastical.

>> The BMW goal: leading edge technology, leading edge handling, leading edge safety, owner-friendliness, speed, affordability.

>> The discontents' goal in this thread: make it like ... (insert "Lotus" , "Porsche" ,"Audi" , whatever). That is, make it faster, lighter, cheaper, and way ahead of competition.

Someone post three concrete, currently-available solutions to meet BOTH goals now, in a real-world implementation that BMW or any manufacturer could have done.
I think a lot of people, myself included, forget this point. If there was an alternative out there, I'd be driving it instead of my second e90 M3. With all the problems and complaints I had with my first e90, I still went out and got another. None-the-less, a lighter M3 would definitely be welcome to track junkies. I think all the haters out there complaining about weight wouldn't like the NVH that would inevitably come with a plebian M3 lightweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlmiii View Post
Reference: I own three Lambos, two BMW's (soon to be 3 - it's on the boat!) and a Honda. I drive all of them, as often and as fast and in as many situations as possible.
Any of the Lambos own the Bimmers in some individual categories.

If I had to give up all of my rides except one, there would be no hesitation or thought necessary. I'd dump hundreds of thousands of dollars at once.

I'd keep only the E60 M5.
I love that engine. I was just scanning the BMWUSA site last night for 6sp 2009 e60 M5s. Zero available. If there were some available, it's unlikely any would be configured the way I would like. Oh well. The current e90 is pretty nice. The only thing on my list that might replace it is a Panamera, which configured my way, is out of my price range.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0