Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blip Bavarian View Post
jinx,

how thick is the tape that you include?

how many layers of tape have you used on the 3 cars that you have tried this on?

i really want these, and think that they look good in the ebay pics, but am a little sketched out by the whole tape layering thing. Tape rigging a 70k car just seems a little whak.

I hope that i am wrong though...
Well we really had no choice on using double sided tap for this. we originally wanted to make them pop in and out like the tow hook covers but ran into 2 problems.

1 they would wobble around just like the tow hook covers
2 it would be near impossible to make brackets that would fit every car exactly the same.

as for depth of the mounting the reason we use this method was because the brackets don't have a snap in place fitment. Each application placement will be different whether it be rotated differently further in or further out. Each installation can very.

On a side note I am extending the group buy time period a additional week. for thous that do place orders by Jun 1st I will still ship your orders out by Jun 4th. All orders placed between Jun 1st and Jun 7th will ship out by Jun 11th.

As I get customer feedback and photo's I will post them for you.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0