View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #41
Thebigbus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Ride height as in too low or too high? I personally find it low enough to feel great cornering while still high enough that I'm not constantly scraping.

As for exhaust, I agree you don't hear a lot of exhaust sound, but you get plenty of intake and engine sound any time you're running more than 50% throttle -- which is kind of cool, lets you have a sleeper car when driving calmly and a monster when driving harder. I haven't looked into aftermarket exhausts, but if more exhaust noise would mean hearing less of the sweet intake and engine noise, I'm not sure I'd want that tradeoff.
Just a SMIDGE too high. I'd say a good 1/4" to 3/8" drop all around would be perfect. But all in all, it's not terrible.

I agree with you on the intake sound. It's magical. I'm not a big "loud exhaust guy". I'm quite conservative, FWIW. I just want a BIT more of a mix between induction sound and exhaust, and in my E90, the exhaust is pretty mute, even with the windows down, for some reason.

On my last car -- a 2006 GTO -- I went with headers and a catless setup, but kept the OEM stock mufflers, as it was the perfect balance to me.

I think for our cars, from what I've heard, I may either go catless in the future with stock catback, or go with the Megan Racing exhaust for "bang for buck". We'll see.

all in all, it's still a MARVELOUS car, IMO. If it weighed around 3300 lbs, would be darn near perfect for me.
Appreciate 0