10-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #32
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
Funny thing, even the red one they have in stock is a cancelled order. They even told me. And I would have to agree about the other two being cancelled. I know for sure the one in Colorado is, because that car has NO features. The only thing that was present in the package was BMW Assist and some other thing. No navigation, nada. Would an automatic/manual with EDC give the same comfort? My dad has an M6 with EDC, and I wonder if it would be the same if I was to go play around with the EDC function. I know the M-drive would be different.
Not surprising.

Test drive a car without EDC on various road surfaces. If it handles satisfactorily and the ride is comfortable enough for you, there's not much point in getting EDC. IMO, the M-drive is a very useful feature, but again, you may be able to live without it if you never have it in the first place. BUT, if you don't get that stuff, you also don't get the comfort access or the iDrive and its extra features. That may or may not be a big deal to you. IMO, the tech package is a great combination of features at a very attractive price.