03-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #107
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
When did she find out she needed that? Was it before she was 28 weeks? They took my blood at 13 weeks and again at 17 weeks and never told me about having to possibly get a shot in my ass. They just told me my blood type and that was it basically. Now you have me wanting to call my dr and ask about it.

Great ass though!!!!
not sure when she found out, but since she's O Negative, she had to get the shot so she wouldn't contaminate our daughter during birth or some shit like that...

doesn't hurt to ask the doctor though - the shot is called Rhogam...

here's some information for you: http://www.pregnancycorner.com/being...on/rhogam.html

"...Typically, being Rh negative is not a health concern until pregnancy occurs or a blood transfusion is needed. Rh incompatibility is a mismatch between the blood of the mother and the blood of the fetus and occurs when the mother is Rh negative and the fetus is Rh positive. In most cases, complications are rare since this condition is usually diagnosed early on and treated with a blood product called RhoGAM. When Rh negative blood is exposed to Rh positive blood, the Rh negative blood responds by producing antibodies that attack and destroy the Rh positive blood cells. This can lead to problems such as anemia, kidney failure, or shock. Rh immunoglobulin prevents your immune system from attacking your baby’s blood..."
Appreciate 0