View Single Post
      06-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #472
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvosM3 View Post
I saw a red FRS while driving by a Toyota/Scion dealership and I really liked it. A light-weight, small, manual transmission coupe with around 200 hp looks like a fun track car. I'd probably wait for the Subaru STi version before getting too exciting about them.
What Subaru STi version are you talking about? Can you care to elaborate?!

I don't know about you, but all I can read into those words about the Toyobaru is Porsche Cayman's handling trait.

Quote:
Oh and the power. 200hp in a 2700 lb car on paper isn’t a big deal. What Subaru has done is they have made this car handle so well that as soon as the road turns……the power becomes far more usable than say a 300hp AWD STI. Keep in mind I drove my 300whp 2011 WRX to pick up the BRZ. My WRX has STOPTECH brakes, Pagid pads, Bilstein shocks, sway bars, steering rack bushings and Michelin Pilot Supersports. The BRZ’s ability to make use of the power you can put down is the key. Gone are the days of turn in…WAIT……then get back on the gas, then track out. Now its FAR more fluid like. It reminds me of a go kart in the sense that you come in hot, trail brake, crank in the amount of steering input you need and the car gives it to you as you sweep past the apex and then track out WITHOUT upsetting the “rhythm” of cornering. Most racers know that the reality of “slow in fast out” becomes fast in, “gather it up “then fast out ! This is true with this car. I do think that it rewards an experienced driver but would also allow a novice to have fun and learn the limits. Yes the factory did design some understeer into this equation….BUT…….before you get mad with visions of -3.9 degrees of front camber…….the understeer this car has is LESS than a older chassis GC Impreza with ALL of the caster and camber tricks.

Shouldn't I get too excited about it?!

Man... for a fraction of the Porsche's price, a FR layout car that handles like a dream with DD practicality and track prowess?!

You bet I'm damn excited as any drivers car lover would be! Don't just look at it... drive it, maybe you'll find out your M3's shortcomings.

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 06-03-2012 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0