07-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #18
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
22107. No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a roadway until such movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate signal in the manner provided in this chapter in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.

Amended Ch. 1996, Stats. 1959. Effective September 18, 1959.

I guess it all depends on what the officer thought was reasonably safe when he saw me change lanes. I know for a fact i use the turn signal. However I didn't leave it clicked on the entire time. I got maybe 2 or 3 clicks in max since I felt as though there was enough distance to not even use the signal but out of habit I turned mine on briefly.

However, on the second lane change I cannot be certain that I used the signal, so maybe that is why he pulled me over? There were no cars to get in front of during the second lane change but I guess the law is the law. I just feel as though the "reasonable safe" portion of the vehicle code should take precedence over the actual signaling, but then again i dont write the laws and as a resident of CA I should abide by them.

It just amazes me that he felt the need to change course of his intended direction while all of this was done traveling at 10-15mph. I'm sure that most police officers would not want to take the time to hand out a citation for something I feel is very petty. Oh well. From now on I will change the setting of my turn signal to the 3 blink option
Appreciate 0