Thread: Nismo GTR
View Single Post
      08-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #159
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Ok.

I can kill one part of your argument with this comment you made:

"proven engineering and innovation."

When the GTR was initially introduced, its benchmark was the 911 turbo..to out perform it.
It succeeded (At 75-80k lol brand new). Then magazines started upping the anty with higher end Pcars because the base 911 turbo at that time was essentially embarrassed.

"I'm not spending $100k+ on a Nissan."

This is a name brand..badge whore comment. Plain and simple.
Nissan is not Hyundai. Especially with Nissans Racing heritage (Yes, they have one too). Plus..im pretty sure someone who purchases a GTR can afford an M3.

"A GT3 is still considered one of the greatest handling cars in the world"

The GTR is steadying making its way towards that claim.
You harp alot on the GT3 when it wasnt even mentioned in this thread at all. We know you hate hearing any good thing about the GTR, but the GTR isnt going anywhere.

I think it will eventually catch the GT3 in handling.

Magic Johnson was (And Larry Bird) was THE man in the NBA. They were gods. They had pedigree(college, Championships), Went to the lakers, a legendary team, bird the celts..legendary team. They ruled the 80s. They had shoe deals with converse, magic is the best point guard in nba history, bird, one of the best 3pt shooters in nba history, not to mention playmaking etc.

Then came along a guy named "Micheal Jordan".

End of story.

See where im going with this?
Wow. End of story. Quite impressed with yourself.

First, I didn't buy a M3 because of the badge. I've owned American muscle cars in the 70's that I've tuned. I'm not a 20 year old. I also had an '06 300C SRT-8 that I tuned and put on VIR. And had (2) 135i's after that. I don't give a shit about the name. My comment on the Nissan brand is that if I had $100k to spend, it wouldn't be on a GT-R. Again, that's my preference. I never said the car was inferior, from everything I've read, it performs well. It's also AWD. Again, I driven Audi's on the track and didn't like it. The same argument goes for a Corvette. It has destroyed cars costing 4-5x more, but I wouldn't own one. Not just my opinion, but it is considered the best bang for your buck.

The Porsche has years of experience performing on the track with the GT3. I highly doubt the GT-R will catch and surpass it. Do you really think Porsche will allow to happen? But, of course, you'll have another analogy to prove me wrong. I'll just say in advance that you're smarter than me.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0