View Single Post
      06-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #21
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

Who did you use at Passport ? Invoice + $99 is pretty good...

Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by abugiacomo View Post
i spoke to pretty much every local dealer (plus the two forum sponsors) prior to finding/making a deal on a car that was speced basically exactly how i'd order it on a dealer lot in deleware (ig burton)...of the local dealers, passport seemed to be the most aggressive on price -- they were at invoice plus a $99 processing fee -- so i'd recommend checking with them, but def don't go through the "internet manager" (annanmarie pistone -- she's a pure idiot)...pretty much every other dealer was between $400 - $600 over invoice, with varying breakdowns on how much of that was "profit" and how much was "processing"

a couple things to note...va dealers tend to have much higher processing fees -- generally $399 vs. $99 at most md dealers...also, if you're interested in bmw select, for some weird reason va dealers can't offer the promotional apr's, but md dealers can (regardless of where you're titling the car)...so back in april/may that would have meant 5.9% in va vs 2.9% in md (again, this only applies to the bmw select program, but if that's something you're considering, va dealers are pretty much out of the question)...

your biggest problem on an e90 order at this point might be allocation...back in april/early may, every local dealer seemed to be working from the same allocation pool, which at that point i believe was 6 total (and i don't think every dealer has access to all 6)...i'm not sure where allocations stand now, but the clock is def ticking big time...good luck!
Appreciate 0