View Single Post
      04-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
First of all let me start by saying that you belong to an Audi forum, still cant figure out what you are doing here. Now to the point, BMW was the pioneer for the iDrive system (understand the rotating knob) and it has been patented by them. BMW lets Mercedes and Audi use the system for free I am not sure why that is but they probably want to show to haters like you that the system is revolutionary and they are ready to share it with the other leading car builders.
X-drive system is totally different in concept to the Audi quattro and superior handling wise and especially in the dry. Saying why did BMW introduce 4x4 models is like saying why does Audi try and move the engine further back to improve weight distribution since BMW has already achieved 50:50.
And as far as DSG is concerned it is not an entirely new concept because similar systems have been used in some rally cars of the past. Also I am not 100% on this but my dealer tells me DCT is quite different from DSG.
On the innovations front Audi comes a firm third and if my money had to be on it I would probably say the MB is the leader.

p.s. there also rumors circulating in the car world that Audi is going to move to RWD just like Alfa Romeo and Honda are about to do with their premium models....
First, unless this is suddenly a private forum I don't see what is your issue with anyboby that contributes -not taking anything from- in here, regardless of the car owned.

Second, you sure have a lot of less-than-100%-facts in your "rebuttal" to be in a position to be arguing with anybody.

Third, I like that new iDrive interface.
Appreciate 0