09-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #89
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
I'm not referring only to quality. There are things like EDC and the carbon fiber roof. Yes, it's "mostly" aesthetic, but how much would that add to the price of an EVO? We're not only talking parts, but all the engineering and R&D put into it. Then there's the high-revving S65. How much would it cost Mitsubishi to develop and sell a car with an engine like that? Those things give more value to the M3. Otherwise this forum is full of idiots or people with way too much money.

how much engineering did BMW put into turbocharging.. Let me go ask a 335 owner.
BMW engineer what they do best, Mitsu does what they do best. Otherwise, they're a direct competitors.
I agree Mitsu will incur significant cost developing an engine like the S65, what about BMW incurring costs trying to develop the SWAC system? If you think the SWAC is not complex, please do explain to me how it works and how the S65 somehow is more complex to explain than the S65 operations.

Or if you must do a more apples to apples, do explain how the x-drive 335xi has more engineering put into it then the Evo X.
Appreciate 0