View Single Post
      08-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
During the weekend, I was talking to a friend of mine who used to work for the Oreca racing team...and I started dreaming about being member of a team that would enter a car to the mythical 24 hours of Le Mans someday!!

I am now wondering if we have enough talents on this forum to get the thing going (no dreams are too big IMO!).

So besides the fact that getting one of the 55 invites for the ACO (organizers) will not be an easy thing (except if we enter the ALMS first or because the M3 is not as common as a Vette or a Ferrari), let' s get the ball rolling. We will need (please add as you read this):
  • 1 team director (since I had the idea...that would be me! I am not the most qualified right now, but I learn fast and, Hey, who said this was a democracy!!
  • 1 head enginner
  • 3 drivers
  • 1 motor engineer
  • 4 mechanics
  • 1 tire mechanic
  • pit crew
  • All the support functions (logistics, comm, finance!, ...)
  • ...and of course a car!

What do you think guys?? Do we have the relevant talents available on this forum to pull it off someday???

Let' s get the thing rolling!!
Do you dream in colour?

A acquaintence of mine put together the 1st Viper team that ran at Lemans in the mid 90's and to see what is involved in putting an effort like this is mind blowing.Their shop was 5 minutes from my house and I was privy to a lot of the inside goings on.They had factory support and even at that time,it was well out of the scope of a medium size pro team as I witnessed personally.This was a group that had won a couple of high level Pro open wheel Championships.
Appreciate 0