06-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
u have to roll ur foot. u also have to be in a good throttle mode to get the most out of the blip without having to hit the brakes hard to blip. the fucked up part is when i double clutch/heel-toe as i corner and i want 2nd gear. the blip never seems to be enough, this shit kills me. seems i either hit the brakes real hard to enable my foot to bottom the gas pedal to get the right blip (sport or sport plus power setting - obviously easier in sport plus), or the blip is not enough and i feel the clutch has to do some work to achieve a 500-1000 rpm match

oh the other thing is the shifter. the shifter slows down the entire process since it does put some serious resistance going into 2nd gear. it's just hard to get in there compared to other gears. this result in RPM's drop after blipping so clutch still needs to do some work (along with synchros)

im hoping a shorter throw will enable a faster shift.

but then im not the ultimate expert in 6MT.
i am beginning to manage the other variables ok. never had a problem with the second gear for instance. but still do not feel good about the stock pedals, so i'd be interested in hearing from someone who has pedals that reduce the gap, and if that makes things better.