View Single Post
      05-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Bottom line is to be comfortable with yourself as you are. Before I got married I went through long periods of being single and simply dating or rather, meeting girls fleetingly.

At one point I got sick of the work/bar/home/Sunday morning scene. But at that point I decided that unless I actually met the girl who was right for me, it would be OK to remain single as well. I know that for a woman there is a difference, namely a biological clock if a familly is desired, but in our society today that frontier has been pushed back and frankly compromising just for that purpose never struck me as a good idea.

I actuall y did in the end find someone willing to put up with me (despite occasional rumblings to the contrary every now and then ). But don't try to become what you think men want to have, remain/be exactly who you are and then trust that you will meet the guy who was looking for your type all the time. On the other hand, there is really nothing wrong with being single, as long as you have good friends etc.
Appreciate 0