12-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
pesh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 Black M4 Convertible

Garage List
iPhone 3G Snap-in Issues...

I just took delivery of a CPO 2009 M3 Convertible. It came factory installed with the Ipod USB / Headphone Jack input in the armrest. I negotiated with the dealership and had them install the "smartphone integration". They installed the option and ordered the iPhone 3g / 3gs snap-in adapter [84 21 2 158 683]. See attached PDF for why this part. This specific snap-in adapter was ordered to provide multimedia access, phone charging, and phone signal strengthening thru car antenna. Due to some shipping issues, I took delivery of the car prior to their testing the snap-in adapter + iPhone functionality.

I installed the snap-in adapter myself and plugged my phone. It shows that it is charging. I'm able to use the phone via bluetooth, but i cannot see any multimedia (ipod music) content thru the iDrive??? I have completely disconnected my Y-cable and only have the snap-in adapter connected. If I connect my iPhone 3G thru the y-cable, it works fine and my music shows up in the multimedia menu under external device.

Thoughts??

Thanks,
Pesh
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Iphone 3Gs.pdf (476.7 KB, 4062 views)
Appreciate 0