View Single Post
      02-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #19
piloto
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc View Post
oh boy, here we go.. - no marketing what so ever..just informative data..
aplogies if i have insulted or annoyed anyone with this poll..My motive was just a clean informative data that might be useful, insightful, or just plain useless...

Yeah, here we go. You don't think others thought that when they saw the subject matter of your poll?

While your intentions may be innocent, there's enough "attitude" in this forum as is. Between those who feel they have to be able to justify the purchase/lease of this car (be it due to their age, income, net worth, etc.), and those that prey on others they somehow find to be less worthy, along with various other pissing contests, it's creating a bad vibe in this forum, imo.

I appreciated the "garage thread," for instance. It didn't say show a pic of your garage and state your net worth. It was just about garages. Some far nicer than what many others can afford, some done more tatesfully at a bargain, some more maintenace oriented, but it just showed appreciation from everyone about garages, and it demonstrated how everyone appreciates it in a different way.

Polls like this don't bring aboutg any sense of appreciation. They only bring about arguments, sense of superiority/inferiority in some, negative competition, and there's just too much of that in this forum as is. I like visiting this place, and I just wish it would contain more of the good natured information and appreciation of common interests that it did in the past. Even most of the sub-forums have these negative, pissing contests going on.
Appreciate 0