View Single Post
      03-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #28
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

ok I got to install the bushing this weekend. Here is a few shots. I decide to cut the old bushings since I wanted to do in my garage. You can either press it out or cut it, according to the instructions since its a split bushing.

Well I started with the left side because I thought that side was the issue. (the first pictures are the left side) the bushing was strong and well.

once you cut the bushing it loosens in the arm and you can knock it out with a hammer.
I started to feel the bushing was not the cure to the issue.
When I started the right side I noticed the bushing was weaker.
After I cut into it and hammered it a few times it felt apart. Showing that the bushing was damaged.

as you can see one bushing split in 2 and stay intact, the other the inner portion broke off. see last pic

the install was straight forward as the new bearing is slip fit. I used retaining compound. Installs in 15 min both side. I forgot to get installed pic.

well I can say. 95% of my vibration is gone, car feel likes new and direct. NO ADDED NHV. driving normal feels like factory. driving aggressive feels more precise on turns and braking.

hope this helps.
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0