View Single Post
      11-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #677
Dynamico
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M4 Kith Frozen Black

I just took the car in for maintenance and to check spark plugs cause I have 39k miles and they have never been changed, I also told the SA about the shifting lag from 2nd to 3rd and the downshifting problem.

Anyway he says that it will never go away, so I asked about the software and if they can upgrade it and he says they will check that when the car is in. I gave the SA a call to see how everything was going and asked him about the Software and if anything was looking into it. He responded saying yeah urs is up to date, that there is only one newer version but its for newer m3 models that mine doesn't accept it, and he also said "I think it has like 4.1 or something". Oh and he also said that a light will come on specifying that the spark plugs need to be changed, that it is not based on miles.

How can I get an actual paper saying what software version I have? Because I don't want to think he is telling me they checked, but in reality they didn't do anything...

I gotta pick up the M tomorrow cause they are changing the break caliper sensor, so I want to make sure I can call him before they are actually done with the car and clear everything up. Thanks in advance guys!!