View Single Post
      11-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #24
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Hi all,

I just wanted to close the loop on this thread in case someone ever searches for the answer to the same question.

Thanks to goldminer, I got to see a real bamboo beige interior in person.

Observations:

There really is no substitute for seeing it in person. This picture he took of his interior, trying very hard to capture accurately the color, looks pretty dead on to what I saw in real life:

This did look a little different, at least to me, from the color on the swatch.

I also suspect, in addition to the possible factor of people's computer screens being calibrated differently, that the leather pieces themselves can vary slightly in tone, from one "batch" of bamboo leather to the next in production....

And it just so happened, after I saw goldminer's car, the dealership where we met also had an example of a pre-owned m3 with bamboo today. It looked the same as goldminer's bamboo.

I also saw fox red today and it also didn't look like exactly like I had expected from the pics...

Conclusion: Try your best to find a real-life example!

Especially if you are picky about color and can easily discern color differences. (For example, I can immediately identify the correct color among the various BMW blacks, blues, etc. on a lot, but my husband has trouble when the shades are very close...) So even though I had to travel 3 hours total on the road, it was really worth it to me! Well... I also took the opportunity to do some shopping in Toronto while I was there, hehe.

Thanks all,
Julie