View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
Gimlet
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM 135i

^^^I can understand going to SMU or Baylor to finish off (those schools have phenominal reps), but Tech has a pretty damn good Med school...make sure you weigh the options there.

And yeah, I think Tech gets a bad rap b/c it is a somewhat different pace/lifestyle. Lot's of shit kickers, you will learn all the great country songs (you can't help it, everyone does), and general hooning and bad-assery that is looked down upon from an elitist perspective. Crawfish festivals, cheap beer from a can, freak thunder/dust storms bringing in the smell of shit from the out of town feedlots, etc... So yeah, it might not be "civil" in all aspects, but damn it was a lot of fun.

From an Education perspective, they do invest a lot into research (it is a tech school afterall) and when I was their the professors really did seem to care. Try not to F-up your freshman year too badly (everyone does) and once you get into the upper level courses that are interesting, it can be a really good school.

Guns Up and have fun out there. I still fly my double-T flag in a neighborhood full of Sooner and Cowboy fans with pride (even tho our Football program went to shit - has potential, but all hail the Pirate Captain Leach!!). Spike Dykes was pretty kick-ass too while I was there - this dates me.

Carve your name into a table at "Bashes" and grab one of the best calzones on the planet over at "One Guys".