10-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #12
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i xGC, ZL1, JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I don't have any dry laps in my E92 M3, it rained all day and I was in a one day only school. In fact, I haven't even looked at the video to see what my lap times were. However, I did a 2:24.6 in my old daily driver, stock, 1998 E36 M3 on R compounds. My buddy races with the BMWCCA driving a J stock E36 M3 (very few mods) and his fast lap is like a 2:12ish. I think a 2:15 is really good for a stock Z06, I'd be surprised if I could touch that in my E92 M3. Were you on street tires? Go to here to see what speeds others are turning at the Glen: http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Watkins_Glen
Thanks, ya I love the Glen. Its definitely my favorite track out of all of the Northeast tracks (and up into Canada). I know I can go a lot faster, but the risk is too great for me; I don't want to smack up my car, and I like to leave wiggle room in case I hit oil or something (like the mole I disemboweled at 160mph on the back straight a couple years ago - funny, but very scary). So, I drive at 8/10ths on the track.

My z06 is stock except for pads and Hoosiers. I am in SSU (street stock unlimited class) and thats all they allow for mods. BTW, I was class champion last year!
Appreciate 0