06-02-2006, 01:55 AM   #74
val3ntin3s
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artz 330
Cool, im going to go jump in my moms 330xi and take corners at 150mph, because it has AWD, Plus its a BMW, and BMW can defy the laws of physics

The X drive does not loose much through the system. BMW drivetrain is very efficient compaired to other auto makers. Gearing is everything. the 330i has a 3.15 differential, in the Automatic for Example the loss through the transmission is compansated with a lower gear ratio in a 330i Auto or XI auto with a 3.64 rear diff. the 325i has a 3.73 rear in the automatic. and 40 LEss HP. my girl drives a 325 I, and I can tell you. From a Roll 5mph start, she can hang with me on my rear door till about 70-75 mph when the extra 40 HP starts to kick in for me.

TQ = Low End, HP = Top End

first, anyone who tries to take a sharp corner at 150mph is a dumbass and should not be out on the street. Second, even if you decide to commit suicide and take that corner at 150mph if you compare it to say a 350z taking the same corner at the same speed, the 330xi will still take it better than the 350z. that's the point i was trying to get at, not to tell someone to defy the laws of physics.

as for comparing your girls car and giving her a 5mph rolling start and i'm assuming you're at a standstill that's a bs comparison, when do you ever race by giving the other person a rolling start. You give just about any car w/ similar performance and in the same class ie 350z a 5mph rolling start and it'll at least keep up w/ you if not beat you.

2012 F10 535i | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Wood Trim | Anthracite Headliner | ZPP | ZSP | Tech | Rear Sunshades | SiriusXM
Appreciate 0