05-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #18
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Had a conversation with the DEC chair today at the Santa Anita autocross and was told the attendee numbers are up to about 70 now and the chapter should break even. She also said about a dozen ax'ers signed up today so barring unforeseen circumstances this event should end up in the black for the first time in the last 5 years.

Still doesn't mean this won't be the last California Speedway school, from the sound of it we will continue to re-evaluate next year regarding the merits of using this track, but having a successful one-day school will go a long way this year.

There's some consideration for doing next year's event on the infield only...would anyone be interested if it's significantly cheaper? I believe you get a massive discount if the oval is rented out by a NASCAR team for testing.
Thanks HACK. I think it's the oval that's really the draw for this track since the infield is pretty flat. Maybe a two day event with one day being the ROVAL and the other day being the infield would be more interesting. Or if it was an additional track day event during the year in addition to the ROVAL and Willow. Any word if there will be 3 or 4 run groups? I know they have too many B's.

Is Willow Springs still on later this year? It would be nice if it was before the time change for an extra hour of daylight. I'm just happy the CCA can still do events. Have they looked at splitting a weekend with the Porsche Owners Club, Audi Club or some other driving organization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert1028 View Post
I'm going too! First time on the track with a car, have a few years experience on a bike. Wonder if any thing transfer over to car?

Anyone else going to this?
That bike experience will totally help you. Hope you don't get too slowed down if you're in the D group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
I'd sign up if it was on a weekend...
From what HACK has said in the past, it's just too much money and not enough people sign up- probably due to the cost. Just take a day off. It's well worth it.

Here's a very good link for how much it costs to run a HPDE: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...49&postcount=3

The instruction is GREAT and beginner's be MUCH better by the end of the day. Too bad it's not 2 days, because the second day is when you really start going fast.
Then you go out with an instructor and realize you're still SLOOOOWWW. But it's still a blast.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0