05-31-2009, 01:31 AM   #212
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i with MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
Did it end up being just the tire? I am braking at 4 generally. I am cautious with this car in both major braking zones. I will leave the late braking to the track car
Yeah, A fact I need to remember - it's a damn street car! Yes, just the tire BUT when I took it to my tire guy who is a friend and told him I was pissed I didn't save it after hitting "something" he said "I'd think not, you've got no tread left on those things". So... I made MANY mistakes that night that I'm really kicking myself for and considering the track time I've had and the teaching I've done I REALLY should of known better. I even mentioned to Jay car was feeling like crap and totally different with the mods and I wasn't comfortable at all in it. Yet I didn't take my time to learn it and kept pushing. Then knowing my tires weren't great and not looking close enough at them was stupid as well. Kept saying to myself they can't be done already, they can handle another track day. The bird, or whatever it was, not my fault but everything else was. I'm very bitter about it if you can't tell. I'm totally taking it easy for a while.
Car out of commission for a week as the tire got a very "unsafe" buldge in the sidewall so I can't drive it until 4 new tires go on. Having to rent a vehicle so I can get to work and car suppose to be going in on Friday for the Dinan Diff so don't know if that can happen now either.
Guess I'm really gonna learn from those mistakes.....
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 E92 M3; Eisenmann Race Exhaust / Dinan 3.62 Limited Slip Differential / Dinan Software / Dinan High-Flow Intake / Dinan Camber Plates / Dinan Lowering Springs / Dinan Sway-Bars
Appreciate 0