11-06-2008, 03:56 AM   #85
exdos
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: Z3 M Coupe(S54) and Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous M View Post
In theory, I reckon M3s that reside in hot and humid countries along the equator line, (i.e. South East Asia, India, Africa) would benefit little from a RAM intake system during the day because of the hot air that may not aid efficient combustion, however with a RAM system would make significant differences when temperatures drop in the evening.

Apologies if my logic makes no sense but i figured i'd give it a shot.
Now how does that work?????????

Your car has to function in whatever environment in which it finds itself. If it happens to be in a hot and humid country, where the ambient temperature is, say, 35 degrees C and at 100% humidity, then that IS the coldest and dryest air the car can intake without any elaborate air conditioning. FACT.

Sure, a car engine in such an environment will perform better at night when the air temperature drops, but that's down to the environment change and not the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous M View Post
Hope my arguement is pretty good cos i just coughed up some money for the GRUPPE M RAM intake system for my E92 M3. Then again my car comes out mostly in the evenings and weekends.

http://gruppem.co.jp/matching/produc..._result_en.php
I hate to tell you that you have just wasted your money by ditching a wonderful OEM air-intake system for something that will rob you of even more power in a hot climate. You've obviously not been keeping up with this thread.
Appreciate 0