View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #139
RVExotics
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 REx

While I'm waiting for the arrival of my new 328i coupe, I'm trying to keep the mileage and potential for damage off of the 2013 MINI Cooper S I'll be trading in on it, so I've been driving my 1984 Austin Mini Mayfair more often than not. It's RHD with a 4 speed stick, imported from England 4 years ago. It is in relatively pristine condition and, knock on wood, has been remarkably reliable to drive. The only down side....the thing is an attention whore and I'm not. I love driving it, absolutely love it. You really can't get any purer or more basic, and it literally handles like a go kart, even if the seats are more like tiny recliners than body-holding racing seats. But good grief I swear someone is going to crash into the person in front of them because they're looking at or taking a picture of my car while they're driving. I can't stop for gas or groceries without questions or people posing by it for pictures. I suppose for someone who enjoys attention, this would be a cheap way to get it but I am not that person. Oh well, he's fun enough to drive I can deal with the gawkers.
Appreciate 0