View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #147
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I've had RB rotors and calipers on various cars I've owned and tracked extensively and have not had a single issue with their products. I've had their 4 piston front caliper on their 2 piece rotors on my '04 350Z, and that car has had brake issues (well, fade mostly, but it would eat through a set of track pads in 4-5 sessions) until I upgraded to RB's "kit." Then the car was sold to someone in Maryland (and made a cross country journey) and survived multiple blown engines and to this day still runs the same 4 piston RB kit since 2005 on both drag strips and various local road courses.

I've had RB rotors on my MZ4 Coupe since new in 2006, and back then I used to do up to 20 days a year at some of the more demanding braking tracks, California Speedway, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca...etc. Nearly 7 years later, I've finally had to swap out the front rotor TODAY because, well, the new rear rotors come in the open slot design and I want the front and rear to match (okay, the creative/designer in me can't stand not having matched rotor front and back for the last 7 years). And the front rotor looks like it COULD go another year before replacing. At least.

I'm not here to dispute the other claims, but offering another datapoint. I've PERSONALLY have had very positive experience with RB products for the last 9 years.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0