View Single Post
      05-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #28
URG8RB8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 6MT, 2015 AMG C63S

I have also battled a sense of ambivalence toward the 1M. I suspect I'll feel the same toward the F3x M3. We will always look over our shoulder at the next big thing. How many of us looked at that Motor Trend M3 vs. 5.0 article and felt happy that an inexpensive American muscle car finally matched the M3's German performance and handling? The fact still remains that none of us bought our M3 for strictly the performance. We love this car for the package that it brings - near perfect balance and harmony.

I bought my E90 M3 because I have kids, and the extra doors and interior space fit my needs. If it weren't for the kids, damn right I'd buy that 1M (even though I still don't like that bubble cockpit).

Both the 1M and the M3 are special cars. The M3 has a 25+ year lineage, which means that each generation has an established pedigree. The 1M is a beginning of a legacy, if BMW continues to manufacture it. If it ends with this generation, in years to come, we will be placing this car on the same platform as the E30 M3.

Although I will continue to desire the next M car, and every one currently and previously produced, this only speaks volumes of the allure of everything M. 1M or M3? Yes, please!
Appreciate 0