sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDank View Post
READ THE THREAD!!!!!! BMW IS TELLING US ITS NOT NORMAL AND THAT IT MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH MAIN BEARINGS.... SEEING AS THATS THERE FIRST DIAGNOSES.
Sorry, I read the thread. Twice in fact, because clearly some are interpreting it as a thread full of main bearing issues, based on a previous problem with earlier models and some educated guesses by fellow forum members. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, because it didn't sound like any of the late model issues had been diagnosed as main bearings (yet). Actually just read a third time to be sure, and I don't really see anyone stating that BMW thought it was main bearings as a first diagnosis. Here's what I gather:

M3Pilot09 - plate tightened, seems to have fixed the problem (maybe? close listen reveals faint noise?)
farbarg - similar sound awhile back, went away on its own
Lodaka - waiting on a metal plate to be replaced, bolts to be torqued correctly.
saurabbhatia - hears the same thing, thinks it's a warm-up issue in his case
jdgamble - still diagnosing
NeoE46 - heard noise awhile back, went away on its own
NycE93M3 - notices noise too, not looked into yet, and also a different noise
MasterDank - noise too, possibly early model which has known issues, no update

Maybe hypochondria is the wrong term, didn't mean to downplay that there might be a problem, I just haven't heard yet that these posters have anything nearly as serious as a main bearing issue, and some of the posters clearly didn't even know they even had a problem until they read this thread and then listened for it.
Appreciate 0