Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
Sorry if I reposted.

Also on the bottom of the OP is this:

"The famous Sportauto magazine have tested the GTR In the next issue to, and the rumors say that Horst von sauma (nurburgring testdriver) couldnt get near Nissan "official" nurburgring time."

We are wondering if it is possible to reproduce Nissan's claim.

The GT3/911 times are accepted as being fact and reproduced by several independent sources in a very consistent manner. While the only person who can achieve Nissan's claim time is a Nissan driver.

It's been a year since the GT-R has been out in the hands of pro drivers and surely there must be some other pro who could get closer than the 7:50ish times we've all seen repeated over and over.

When you boast about something like Nissan has, you better be prepared for scrutiny and I can't recall something being so looked over with a fine tooth comb than this lap time. Yet, no evidence supports Nissan's claim other than failure over failure to get this sub 7:30 time. On top of this, everyone of these groups testing now have their warranty voided. hahaha

I demand a recount for my E92 M3, no way it's 8:05...get that Nissan driver in there and it will be 7:35 easy.
It's very hard to argue with the facts that the Porsches do seem to get closer to their official times. But to be fair to Nissan, on every conducted test which have usually involved a Porsche of some sort as a comparison, in those tests neither car have got close to their best though the Porsche does get closest.

Another thing that needs to be considered is that the official Porsche times are actually times reproduced by SportAuto on most occasions.

The whole argument is whether or not the GTR is capable of the times it has done and in this I am 100% convinced that's genuine.
Appreciate 0