Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Andy Gulden

CAR comments:

I can guarantee you that if Andy had the same amount of experience behind the wheel of the Nissan as he does with the Porsche then the GT-R would have been well ahead. Whether Andy would prefer the Porsche (which he did) is not the issue.

P.S.

Reading between the lines at best guess Andy did a minimum of two flying laps in the GT3 and only one in the Nissan.
Thank you for posting that. Regarding familiarization being the excuse for a slower lap time in the GT-R vs. GT3, I don't buy that at all. It's counterintuitive. The GT-R has both DCT and AWD. You can't mis-shift like you can in the GT3 and over judicious use of the throttle isn't going to re-arrange ends of the car. If anything, the high powered, RWD GT3 with manual transmission should be the more difficult car to master, not the "idiot proof" GT-R. Give him more seat time in the GT3 and his times will drop too. Sorry, but you sound like an unabashed Nissan apologist when you claim the GT-R would have been faster with more tries, but assume his times in the GT3 would have stayed the same.

p.s. Regarding his GT-R lap, Andy flat out stated "99% of my lines were perfect". Doesn't sound like he left massive chunks of time out on the track.