11-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #36
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD View Post
Just stick with oem. I've put down some fairly legitimate lap times with stock but it does depend on what kind of track. Small tight track you'll see then fade quickly, bigger tracks with more cooling (straights) you can get by on. But guessing if you only go twice a year you're more of a begginer?
OEM are useless at the track, no matter the skill level IMO. They'll be good for a grand total of 5 laps where you can get a pretty good time, sure. But THEN they'll be heat soaked and you'll have to spend laps cooling or hit the pits. Then they'll be good for another 2-3 laps until you have lots of fun with juddering brakes and lower performance. Does not make for a very confident driver! I had to slow down & then cut the day short because I didn't think the car could sto
This was on a moderately brake heavy track with one big straight and one smaller straight. There was only 3 or 4 heavy braking zones, the rest was momentum based. I was pretty disappointed with the OEM pads on track.

Im starting to think some pagid yellows are the way to go. Even if you only track a few times a year, they'll last many seasons. Apparently you can even run them on the street and the noise isn't bad at all.