08-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #24
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M View Post
I actually do track a lot, & I have an Audi as well. Compilations of times are meaningless, we don't even know if they had the same driver. Stop being a sore loser.

There have been 3 or 4 shoot-outs where the RS5 has lost to the M3. All on the same track, same day, with the same driver. Give it up already, you can't get a more controlled test than that.
Exactly - so - four out of four magazines that compared the RS5 to the M3 went in favor of the M3. On fastestlaps.com, about 5 out of 6 or 6 out of 7 went in favor of the M3. The RS5 can win on the subjective scale, but in most objective ratings, comes in second as usual.

As with most Audi fans, their backup argument is always "yeah, but the Audi gives you more confidence in adverse weather conditions." I don't doubt that this is true, but can't think of too many people who would want to "push the envelope" on wet pavement with nice cars such as the RS5 or M3, regardless of whether it has AWD or not. Therefore, I think the whole (Audi has more everyday useability" is an overrated-concession prize to otherwise losing out on most head-to-head comparison tests. Just my opinion...
Appreciate 0