View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #17
sehrgut
Major
Rep
Drives: emthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
'Supercheap' is a bit of a stretch, when oil and filter alone cost you $150. Supercheap a Honda, with a total cost of $25 for Mobil1 and a filter. Labor would be more on the BMW as well. Everything costs at least twice more on a BMW than your typical Japanese/domestic car.

The expensive part comes if you're one of the unlucky owners who develop a main bearing issue, a bad tranny, bad vanos, a bad idle valve, and any of the finicky multitude of expensive electronic parts/systems on this car after warranty. It scares the crap out of me, but will wait another year to make the call if I risk living with it after warranty or not.
Yeah well how often do you change the oil? The most expensive part of the maintainance is oil.

Those things are not really maintainance, its just failures and you can not really think like that, unless you buy a honda or something and call it the day if youre to scared of owning a newer car. My friends e46 m3 has 97k miles. And I remember when the e46 came out everybody was scared that the smg wouldnt hold up and all sort of vanos problem will occurr after warranty, and now theres e46 m3s with over 150k miles.
Appreciate 0