Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
My gawwwwd!
That is fuKin awesome!!!
Car sounds sick as hell!
Thx Has no cats from an MRF mid pipe with an Akra slip-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
Not sure I understand why? The only reason high RPM's are used is to allow NA motors to make higher and higher power given there is a relatively fixed amount of torque and power that can be made with a fixed size of an engine which means revs are the only way to really keep power increasing with a relatively small engine.

If you go to the trouble of going FI than I can't really see the benefit of going beyond 8600. Accept for the fact it may sound pretty cool, why shift the powerband to the right and put that much more strain on everything? I guess the question is what is the purpose of your build? Any particular goals or something?
Good question. Having lots of torque is fun, but it upsets a car that is set up for the track. The car already suffers from wheel spin at higher speeds and I can't even imagine adding another 100 lb ft of torque through a high-boost LC build motor. Given that the motor already likes to rev high...and that the S/C could allow for a continuation of the powerband well beyond 8,600 RPM, it's possible to generate as much peak power. Sort of like an F1 car but of course won't rev that high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raucky2000 View Post
^ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
+1 All of the above. Nice.
Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Nice numbers... what dyno was used?
dynojet dyno at EAS in Anaheim, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFAM3 View Post
How much boost did it make Adam?
I think the readings are incorrect, but all my 20+ dyno's show between 4.9 and 5.25 pounds of boost. It's the 96mm pulley so it should make 6.0 psi.
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0