08-21-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Strange that they gave your money back for the 100,000... why would the vert be different than any other BMW? Anyway, I'd inquire about that - just in case. Unless BMW is realizing this isn't cost effective for them anymore... and more refunds will be coming to other M3 and other BMW model owners...
So, to be clear, this was the Extended Maintenance, not the Extended Warranty. I did buy the Extended Warranty as well, that that still covers the car for mechanical failures up to 100,000 miles. It cost $4K, but the peace of mind was worth it -- especially given this car has a brand new engine type and a brand new transmission type (read: unproven) never before used in a BMW. The Extended Maintenance (free oil changes, brake pads, wiper blades, etc.) is what I've been refunded. It's apparently not an option for the M6 Convertible or the M3 Convertible. The finance person said the coverage is, however, available for the E90 and E92 M3. Strange, eh?

I was pissed at first, because they let me buy it and in the back of my mind that coverage helped seal the deal on the purchase. Them pulling it out of the deal (albeit with a refund) sours my ownership experience a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
actually Peugeot used it on the 401d Eclipse in 1934
i know because when the Peugeot 206cc came out (my cherished ex car, a hoot to drive) everybody said it was copying the SLK, but Peugeot said they had done it earlier
about 60 years earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8viqB...eature=related
LOL! Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD0977 View Post
Damn... I got 2100 miles and I still get only about 10.6 mpg. The only time I get over that is IF I used D mode(rarely use it) and stay in the 3k rpm range. If I go over that , it goes back to 10.something though I drove the car hard and stayed just under 5500k during brake-in. Maybe thats why .Im not concerned about it though.

Also, last week I got a thing in the mail that supposely the extended warranty prices were going up by next week although I was going to get it anyways. 100,000 6year was $2900( just mechanical)Anything from engine to things like windows and hardtop motors all that stuff, so I took it. I heard before that there was no extended maintenance for M cars.
I think I'm getting great mileage because I drive about 100 miles a day and 94 of those are highway miles with little to no traffic. The car does guzzle when in the city though. I bought the AccuFuel app for my iPhone and have been tracking fill-ups, and mapping that against what the car says it's delivering. The car actually says I'm getting 19.1 MPG, but the app says 19 even, so I went with the lower number.

Also, see above comment for distinction between Extended Maintenance and Extended Warranty.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0