11-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM3 View Post
Hi Dave honestly that gave me some reassurance of not getting the HFC xpipe and the video of that setup sounds sick man! And that's only the video! Uve gotten me watching the vid every other hour
Hahahaha

Wait til it's installed, you will be looking for excuses to take it for a run!
The HFCs are a bit more subdued but still sound good and being 300 cell cats don't have the smell of others, but you have more ground clearance with the resonators and you have a burble sound when you decelerate (you don't get that with cats) The sound is much better with resonators. But seriously, consider the valved option too if you can, it is a zero drone solution for those times you just want quiet coming home late or when you have people in the car that are more sensitive to drone (or when the cops are tailing you). IT's like having the best of both worlds. With valves closed it makes for a very nice daily drive around the city and it still sounds brilliant.

There is not a huge difference between HFC and resonators for drone, in fact sometimes the resonators have less drone with a slightly louder tone.

It is the only system I've every heard that sounds amazing on the outside and inside the cabin. Usually there is a trade off, not with Gintani, after having the 3 major brands on the car this is the only one that I'm 100% satisfied with. You have made a good decision and it's great to get it right the first time around.
Appreciate 0