02-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #78
dirtyfreebooter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethem3 View Post
It's impossible without snow tires. I need to get some asap. Car has been stuck at work for 3 days, had to get picked up in my SUV. Long story, but I had to take m3 that morning and knew it'd probably stay here for a few days. What 19" tires would work for the m3?
I am running Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60s on 19-inch ZCP wheels. 235/35R19 in front and 255/35R19 in back. I initially went with a skinner tire for the snow, but I really don't drive in the snow, just the cold. My next set of winter will be 245/265 or 255/275, I'd rather have more rubber since I only would drive in the snow in an extreme emergency.

I can't really say much about the handling on the LM-60s, since I had them put on the day I picked up my car, so I have no comparison, and since I am still under 1200 miles, I haven't really pushed the car yet, but the sound is decent, M3 is still quieter than my WRX was by a long shot.

Next time, I'd probably try a different brand, just to try, and definitely go wider. Probably the Pirelli Soto Zero 240, mainly because the only tires I found that fit 19-inch ZCP wheels on tirerack were the LM-60s and Pirelli 240s. Maybe something new will come out next winter
Appreciate 0