footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96OCTNE View Post
Launch Control doesn't take that long, if you already have the M button set to S6 + DSC off you just hold the lever forward, floor it, release lever. It's not as long and tedious as people make it out to be. Not saying it's the best system out there but it's not bad either.
Well this may be so but as I live in the real world were the weather is unpredictable and the road surfaces aren't always ideal I don't have my M button set to this, I actually doubt there is too many that do. So I like most other have to go through the full procedure which does take much longer than it should and definitely longer than all others. I'm simply stating the fact that BMW seem to believe their M car owners want every configuration possible under the sun.

As for whether it's that great, well it offer no control over wheelspin which maybe OK in the dry but is awful in the wet. Try and control the wheelspin with the throttle and lose the one great thing it DOES have to offer which is the automatic shift up at rev limit. Call me a killjoy but compared to some other systems it's piss poor.
Appreciate 0