View Single Post
      07-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
kishg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 540i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
Come on guys. I love bimmers as much as the next person, but don't give into blind faith. And also check out the other cars in your price range. IS-F, RS4, C63 AMG. These are all worthy contenders. The poster has basically already decided that he's going to get an M3 even though he claims that you can't judge a car until you've seen it on the road. If almost every reviewer said that the steering was a bit light, you can't really question the validity of their statements. When everyone says that the c63 AMG is a very strong contender for the E92 M3 you can't really just disregard that either.

The point is that shit goes both ways. You can't say the M3 is going to be better than the cars in it's price range until you've tryed the other cars too. So no, people arent acting like lemmings by having doubts about the new M3. The fanboism is just wearing off, and they now are going to try out other cars and compare to the M3.

I don't think any true bimmer fan will discount the new AMG or the RS4 until he has test driven BOTH.
+1 i've still got my spot in the waitlist and will drive it but am definitely looking at alternatives including the rs4 and cayman s.
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
Appreciate 0