12-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65NAPWR View Post
I had KW Sleeves and they worked well on the track when struts were new. However, if your struts are even showing slight signs of wear, the KW sleeves will exacerbate the issue immediately. You will get that squishy damper feeling especially on slightly bending fast straights - and that is not confidence inspiring. Also, at this point you'll feel the suspension tramp pretty harshly on normal streets, also something I did not like. Funny thing is, I'm thinking of putting on Eibach Pro Kits on the new M vs. Sleeves.

Are they becoming too soft for you and is the Eibach height not low enough? I see you have the Pro Kit.
Thanks for the input. No, I don't think the Pro-kit is too soft. The ride quality is very similar to OEM without the high speed bounce seen with other lowering springs. Yes, the Pro-kit could be about 10mm lower IMO. And the ability to counter balance and adj ride height would be even better. Which shocks were you using the KW's with (EDC or non-EDC)?

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL

Last edited by ortho281; 12-03-2012 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0