Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP, LMB, DCT

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
1 Power button exists on manual also. The only time I used it in my Z4M manual was on the track because it made rev matching downshifts at high rpm work better. My DCT rev matches on it's own, and I prefer smoothness to jerkiness, and since it adds no performance in any way shape or form, I never use it now.
2 The "speed of a shift" is kind of a semantic, nebulous thing when it comes to a DCT. I'll just say this... it shifts smoother at lower numbers, it shifts more aggressively at higher settings. While shifting at lower rpm and lower throttle position, ie, barely accelerating, the lower settings will cause it take longer to shift, higher settings will cause it to shift quicker. While shifting at higher rpm and higher throttle position, it shifts equally quick, but with more of a power shift surge at the higher settings. Rather than try to decifer others descriptions, go feel it for yourself.
Ok I finally get it. I drove up in the hills today and got to throttle it hard. I definitely noticed the hard shifts.

So for Drive mode not only does it shift sooner but does it also change the hardness of clutch engagement?